Bush Pilot is a compact knob that quick releases to the MIMIC. It gives users the ability to control Focus, Iris, or Zoom. Users can quickly change between axis of control via the MIMIC screen. Bush Pilot is the first in a series of control accessories that Freefly will be releasing to help users execute any shot they can dream of. It will be our most compact, and affordable F/I/Z option.
What can Bush Pilot be used with?
- Any MōVI Pro or MIMIC running at least 1.2 firmware (currently in beta). If you aren't running 1.2, it is available from our Support Page.
Does running Bush Pilot greatly reduce the run time of the MIMIC?
- No! The Bush Pilot draws very little power from the MIMIC.
Can the direction of the knob be reversed so that it can be operated left handed.
- Not currently, but it could be added in the future if there is interest.
Can two wheels be connected to the MIMIC at a time?
- No, the Bush Pilot is designed to add a single physical control to your MIMIC. But you can switch between axis, with the push of a button!
What can be mapped to it?
- Currently it can control focus, iris or zoom on the MōVI Pro FIZ driver.
Will Bush Pilot have priority over the MōVI Controller for whichever axis is selected on the MIMIC?
- Yes. If you have a MōVI Controller connected to COM1 being used at the same time as a Bush Pilot, the MōVI Controller will defer control to whichever axis is active on Bush Pilot. So you could have someone pulling focus from Bush Pilot and someone else on iris and zoom on the MōVI Controller.
Do I need to calibrate the focus wheel?
- You will need to set the end points of the wheel the first time you plug it into any MIMIC, but not every time you use it. If you are going to swap the Bush Pilot between MIMICs, you will need to cal it before you start operating.
If you have any other questions about Bush Pilot, or any other Freefly product, give Support a shout: email@example.com